This is a little mystery knit-a-long (MKAL) for a newborn item.
If you are familiar with my recent release "Taraxacum", you will be pleased to know this MKAL pattern will help you make a wee matching set.
Each day a new clue/instruction will be posted both here this website, plus on the pekapeka instagram page: @pekapekapatterns (follow me!)
To work this item you will need:
- up to 50g/100m 8ply/dk weight yarn
This will work best with a solid or semisolid yarn
I suggest using a natural fibre for breathability and warmth
- gauge 22sts/10cm on 4.0mm needles in stocking stitch (row gauge irrelevant)
- 4.0mm and 3.75mm needles (or size to obtain gauge, plus a size 1 size smaller)
- The smaller needle is only used for working flat, so may be a pair of flat needles or circulars
- The larger needle is used for small circumference circular knitting
- tape measure, scissors, darning needle
This knit is more suited to a baby girl.
Don't have a baby girl in your life? Knit one anyway, and save it for the next baby girl that arrives, or alternatively donate it to your local neonatal unit <3